Sunday, October 10, 2010

The Hospital Visit, An update for everyone.

October 8th, 2010 Friday, 
I had to go to the ER (Emergency Room for people who don't know what an ER is)

The reason I had to go to the ER were for the following
-My daughter had not kicked me all day, Not even 10 times.
-I was having a fluid leak, I did not know what the fluid was or where it was coming from.
-I was having Severe Cramping in my lower belly.

Most of the time a woman is happy when they have to go to the hospital, It means they're baby is ready to come, As for me there were a million thoughts running through my mind of being scared. Not because I was having her already or something but because she had not kicked. I'm now 7 months pregnant, 29 weeks.
When I first entered the ER, I told them what was wrong and how I was feeling, they had to send me to the birthing center ER, for a OB/GYN to check me, First off let me tell you my experience at the hospital while I was there. It was horrible, I had a nurse who was a sarcastic little bitch. It made me realize I hope I'm not that rude while I'm sarcastic like I'm known to be. But the good thing is once the nurse put the heart beat Doppler I guess you could call it on my belly, Camilla started kicking away. I can tell she's gonna be just as feisty as me, That makes me a bit worried, but hearing her heartbeat made me have a satisfying breath of security.
So there was the checklist of things being okay.

-Camilla's Healthy Heartbeat
-Camilla's Kicking.

For the next step, I wanted to know about the leaking fluid and my horrible cramping.
I got a sort of fever on my lower belly when I was cramping as well.
The doctor came in, She had to check my insides, if you know how that goes with the metal bar, EXTREMELY PAINFUL! She took a few tests on what the leaking fluid could be, She said one of the tests came out positive for a fluid leak on the sack, but another one came out negative. So it's still an iffy thing. Overall They gave me a referral to go back to see my doctor sometime this week. Hopefully can squeeze me in, but since it's a hospitals referral I think I'll get in my doctors office just fine. I didn't exactly like the doctor as much as I liked the nurse too The doctor didn't even bother to come in and tell me my test results, The nurse had to tell me, and she didn't seem she knew so much what she was talking about as well!
They gave me medication for a bladder infection, even though they tested me for that and it came out negative and I'm having no signs of a bladder infection. We'll so I'm not left with much answers yet, only thoughts of maybe having horrible Braxton Hicks already.

I'll give you all an update when I have my actual doctor appointment. Wish me luck, Hope there's no Fluid Leak or anything wrong with our precious baby girl Camilla!

1 comment:

  1. Kelsey, Sweetheart, I hope there's nothing wrong and I think if it were you'd know by now. We are gonna have a little precious Camilla Renee come into this world and we are all gonna LOVE her. Just go back to the Dr. asap. I love you.

    ReplyDelete